LinkedIn’s popularity has skyrocketed in the last decade because of it’s effectiveness at connecting people with career opportunities. But, many struggle to figure out how to get LinkedIn to work for them.
In just a few short sessions from the area’s only Certified Online Professional Networking Strategist, Kristin S. Johnson, you can finally have a well-written, fully optimized LinkedIn profile that will get you noticed!
– Professionals who want to jump start their job search in the new year.
– Entrepreneurs or small business owners who want to boost their online presence.
Kristin will be instructing a series of four 2-hour sessions in a live LinkedIn laboratory covering layers of LinkedIn from beginner to advanced.
– Profile setup basics, privacy settings, and etiquette
– Principles of persuasive (yet not too sales-y) writing for your Headline, Summary, and Professional Experience sections with break out time for coaching to actually get stuff written!
– Ways to use Groups, Company Pages, Jobs, Education, and Volunteer Marketplace.
– Tricks and workarounds for limitations when doing research on LinkedIn
– How to conduct Advanced Searches and what to say to the people you want to connect with
– Advanced methods for expanding your brand on your Profile page including Publisher and Rich Media.
What you’ll walk away with:
A complete “All-Star” profile
– 120-character Professional Headline
– Compelling Summary with at least 3 accomplishment-driven bullet points
– List of 50 keywords to use in your Skills and Experience sections to boost SEO
– Branding statement to use in your profile and when you network in person
Answers to questions like:
– “How do I conduct a confidential job search and use LinkedIn at the same time?”
– “Do I need to upgrade to LinkedIn Premium?”
– “Who should I connect with on LinkedIn? Everybody? Or, should I be selective?”
– “What do I say to people when I connect or message with them?”
– “I’m horrible at writing. How do I get help?”
– “How do I make LinkedIn really work for me?”
Complimentary copy of Kristin’s resource ebook “Target Your Success with LinkedIn”
– Names of at least 50 recruiters and hiring managers in your field to connect with
– List of 50 professional groups to join and network in
– Personalized action-item list to facilitate your in-person networking strategy
What makes this different from other LinkedIn workshops? You get in-person coaching to actually get your profile completed and sections written from a Certified Online Professional Networking Strategist and Certified Advanced Resume Writer. Also, if you miss a session, you’ll be able to watch the recorded session in a webinar with email access for up to 30 days after the course is completed.
If you decide you’d like to have Kristin write your profile after all, you’ll be given a promotional discount for her services.
BONUS! You can attend either in-person, if you’re in the Madison area, or online to learn virtually.
(You can also access the Institute online if you’re local and miss a class or two.)
There will be four 2-hour sessions — a $797 value — offered as a pilot program special for just $397 for a limited time!
Saturday, February 28
Saturday, March 7
Saturday, March 21
Saturday, March 28
* Please note there is not a session on March 14th.
All sessions begin with networking and coffee at 9:30 a.m. CST
Program begins at 10 a.m. CST and ends at Noon.